1) AGM & Awards – Friday 20th March – your last chance to listen to me rambling on!
2) SCCL #6 – Rearranged race is on Sun 1st March at Alice Holt forest. Let’s go out in style and retain our top 10 position, strong turnout required please folks.
3) Curry night is now full, 8pm at Milton Tandoori for those of you who got in quick enough.
4) Lidl run this week is a ‘Bacon Butty’ run (Other plant based alternatives are available). 7.30am at Horndean Fire Station.
We are pleased to announce that Lisa Peckover will be taking over as club secretary from Tracey Crank at the AGM. We would once again like to thank Tracey for the sterling job she has done over the years and wish Lisa all the best as she joins the committee.
Curry Night – Friday 21st March, Milton Tandoori. If you would like to attend please get in touch with Lee Weeks know ASAP.
This Sunday’s SCCL race at Alice Holt is postponed under Forestry Commission advice due to a severe weather warning.
The race will be rearranged, with it now likely to take place in early March.
We will give more news on the rearranged date as soon as we have it.
Sorry to those of you who were looking forward to racing this weekend!
The 10k committee have now had their first meeting and we will keep you updated as much as we can with developments over the coming months.
Once again a big thank you to all of you supporting the continuation of the Denmead 10k, and from people offering to help out. We anticipate that most will be needed on the day of the race so we really do need as many volunteers as possible.
As a result of this it has been decided that again this year we will not be opening the race to club members in the hope that we have a plethora of volunteers to help
It was also felt that for such a small race it should not be dominated purely by Striders and that we should be encouraging people to take part in what we advertise as a great friendly local race.
It was not a decision taken lightly as we know a lot of you enjoy taking part and some of the newer members have not even had the opportunity to participate. This is why we request that Gary puts in the 10k route as part of the summer training session so that you all get that chance to run the lovely undulating route.
We recognise that there was confusion last year surrounding this and can only apologise so wanted to have clarity from the start and hope you can understand the decision made.
Striders’ League Results now updated following Ryde 10 m on Sunday, 2nd February 2020
We now have a Denmead 10k committee put together. Watch this space for more news on the race and if any help is needed
1. Clare Welch will be taking over as Chairwoman at the AGM. I’m sure you will join me in wishing Clare all the best in her new role. She will do a fantastic job. To that end, we now need a volunteer for the vice chairman post, although Clare is more than capable of persuading someone she deems suitable.
2. Another excellent XC performance from you all. Michael Harrison in particular deserves congratulations as the first Strider home. We maintain 9th position overall so a good turnout for the final race at Alice Holt forest is required to maintain that top 10 finish. Well done to all the XC team.
Please click below for directions and other information about this race. Hope to see as many of you there as possible. Don’t forget to bring £2 for the car park! 🙂
Chawton House race instructions 19 Jan
We have been informed by EA that there has been an increase. Therefore membership will be £26.00 for the 2020 year.
Subscriptions can be paid directly to the club sort code (Please put your name as a reference) 40-45-26 account number 51233475
Please note for new members there is a Membership Form that will need completing and given to our membership secretary Julia Revill. Form can be found using this link Membership Form
HRRL Number Swaps
With races becoming more popular and booked up quickly there is actually a Facebook page where you can request number swaps in the HRRL league.
See link to join – HRRL Number Swaps Facebook Page
Striders’ League 2019-20 Season – New Events, New Rules!
The Overton 5 m saw the start of both the new season of HRRL races and the Striders’ League. Click here to view the new programme of fixtures and the new rules for scoring league points.