- Congratulations to Dan Starkey and his wife Gemma who welcomed Layla into the world this week
- Thank you to all the people that took part in the rainbow run last week. Some great picture. Latest distance results are now on the website – again well done to all those that keep posting their runs and are still getting PBs too! Special mention to Paul Marshall and Suzanne Richardson for their PBs and also nice to see Sara Saunders back running post baby
- Membership is still due – for those of you that have not paid and still want to be a Denmead Strider please could you arrange.
- We have started a photos page on the website – will take some snippets from what is posted on facebook so non facebook users can see some of the photos
Give this a go over the coming weeks and start checking off your bingo card – share with us and we can update with who gets a line/house etc
Firstly apologies for not posting the previous weeks announcements. The week came and went in a flash!
This weeks announcements:
- Excellent contribution for the Road name challenge. Great to see everyone getting involved.
- Update from EA is that all athletics activity is suspended until the 31st May – this applies to group running
- All competitions are suspended until 30th June – would advise keeping up to date with Race websites for updates
- There are a lot of different organisations that are doing virtual races/challenges where you can post your millage for the month. A great way to keep yourself motivated
- This weeks challenge – RAINBOW RUN. Run in clothes a colour of the rainbow and try to take a photo of yourself with something of the same colour.
STAY SAFE STRIDERS
The Award Results are now available in the AGM & Awards section of the website
The club will be doing Facebook Live Announcements on a Wednesday and then this will also be published on the website. Last nights details were as follows:
We are going to introduce a “weekly challenge”
This week is the “Banana Day” Challenge which consists of:
- Banana Day series Virtual Race – either 5k/5M or 10k. Please either send time/upload of Strava/Garmin details to Lisa or post to facebook. Results will be read out and published the following week. You must do the route starting and finishing from your home.
- Strava Art – following the Banana theme. Upload/share etc any Banana shape route that you manage out on your run.
- We would love to see photos of anyone dressed in yellow – as a banana, running with a banana etc. Just a bit of fun to keep people smiling.
Don’t forget Awards Night 7.30pm Friday 17th April via Zoom – would love to see you there
Please keep each other in mind – Maybe set up a What’s App Group to motivate each other, text someone that you think may not be on social media and tell them what you have been up to.
Stay Safe Striders
England Athletics (EA) have recently issued guidelines and advice to the whole running community on how to stay active at home in these difficult and uncertain times. Reading is highly recommended
Links to the relevant web pages will be found on the “Useful Links” tab which has been added under “Info” on the navigation bar. In the first instance, links to England Athletics (EA) and Hampshire Road Race League (HRRL) have been added. More will follow in due course.
The Virtual Awards night will be hosted on Zoom and this will be recorded as well for anyone that is unable to join us live. The recording will be posted to Facebook and a link put on the club website taking you to YouTube to view.
Some basic instructions to those of you not familiar with Zoom are as follows:
To use Zoom you will need a device with a webcam. A Laptop works better (or a desktop with a wide screen) as you will be able to see more people on the screen but can also be used on a tablet/phone (again as long as you have a camera).There is an app available to download if you use this way.
A meeting ID will be provided and a password to enter may also be required. To join you
If anyone has any ideas, thoughts on items we can do, share, encourage in this challenging time then the committee would welcome ideas. Please contact the committee with any thoughts – contact details can be found on our club contacts page
A note has been added from your Head Coach, Gary, giving valuable advice on pacing yourself during repetition training sessions.
Please view by clicking Coach Stop next to “Introduction to Summer Training” button.