Contributions to newsletter invited!!
It may not have escaped your notice that it is now over nine months months (just before the March lockdown in fact) since you were treated to the club newsletter brilliantly edited and produced by your very own chairman, Clare. Obviously the reason for lack of appearance of this lively publication is a direct consequence of the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions with no races, no HRRL or SCCL events, no Striders’ League, not even a Christmas party to report on. During discussion of the newsletter at the last Strider’s committee meeting everyone agreed that the newsletter was a very popular publication and its re-appearance would be very well received by all members of the club. Our runners are not the type of people to sit around and be inactive so will have been involved in multifarious activities of interest to others during this difficult period so well worth reporting .
Clare would like to resume her production of the newsletters in the near future and is very happy to do so but her job will be made significantly easier if YOU can provide her with your own newsworthy items – the more the merrier! Examples of contributions might include enterprising ways of how you have kept motivated during the crisis, write ups of past non-local races which you didn’t quite get around to writing at the time, interesting visits and lots of photographs just to let others know that you are still alive – they may not have seen you for months! In fact, anything, not necessarily running-related which will make interesting/amusing reading.
Please email or send your contributions to Clare Welch who will welcome them with open arms!.
Thank you very much
As we near the end of 2020 and look forward to stepping into 2021 with some hope of normality we need to think about 2021 subs and membership.
The club recognises that this year you have not had the full benefit of club training sessions so have decided for 2021 ONLY that anyone who was a paid up member in 2020 that wishes to renew their membership will be able to claim it at a reduced rate of £20.
Just use the same process as before (we can now take payments by BACS, don’t forget) paying the new fee.
I would encourage members to pay by BACS since we are not currently meeting face to face, but anyone that does need to pay cash please contact Julia via email to find out the best way to arrange.
Thanks a lot
Please note that following the feedback received from the first session last Wednesday (which was very successful) Gary has updated the Training Guidelines and Schedule which we would ask you all to read. The main changes are that the weekly sustained run has been removed, a reminder for late comers to make themselves known to the Coach/Run Leader and a recommendation to wear a mask whilst waiting for the session to start.
- Congratulations to Dan Starkey and his wife Gemma who welcomed Layla into the world this week
- Thank you to all the people that took part in the rainbow run last week. Some great picture. Latest distance results are now on the website – again well done to all those that keep posting their runs and are still getting PBs too! Special mention to Paul Marshall and Suzanne Richardson for their PBs and also nice to see Sara Saunders back running post baby
- Membership is still due – for those of you that have not paid and still want to be a Denmead Strider please could you arrange.
- We have started a photos page on the website – will take some snippets from what is posted on facebook so non facebook users can see some of the photos
Give this a go over the coming weeks and start checking off your bingo card – share with us and we can update with who gets a line/house etc
Firstly apologies for not posting the previous weeks announcements. The week came and went in a flash!
This weeks announcements:
- Excellent contribution for the Road name challenge. Great to see everyone getting involved.
- Update from EA is that all athletics activity is suspended until the 31st May – this applies to group running
- All competitions are suspended until 30th June – would advise keeping up to date with Race websites for updates
- There are a lot of different organisations that are doing virtual races/challenges where you can post your millage for the month. A great way to keep yourself motivated
- This weeks challenge – RAINBOW RUN. Run in clothes a colour of the rainbow and try to take a photo of yourself with something of the same colour.
STAY SAFE STRIDERS